Wells Fargo visited our campus to recruit FTE and interns within the month of August. The complete course of was performed nearly and comprised 3-4 rounds. Out of the 270+ college students who utilized, round 140 had been shortlisted and allowed to sit down for the coding spherical. The shortlisting was completed on the idea of CGPA and resume.
The coding spherical was hosted on the AMCAT platform and comprised 3 sections:
- Enterprise Analytics and Knowledge interpretation
- The English part comprised paragraph-type questions the place you needed to decide a phrase or phrase which was closest in which means to the one given and many others. This spherical was fairly simple.
- The Enterprise Analytics part consisted of questions primarily based on bar graphs, percentages, shares, shares, pie charts, Venn diagrams, and many others. The questions weren’t notably difficult however the pace with accuracy was the primary problem because the time allotted was fairly much less.
- The final part comprised 2 coding inquiries to be completed in 1 hour. The primary drawback was much like the LRU(Least lately used) cache drawback. I solved it fully utilizing a map and deque. The second query was primarily based on backtracking( all doable partitions of string). Each the questions had been disguised nicely within the type of lengthy paragraphs. Everybody had a distinct set of questions, which minimized the probabilities of dishonest, copying, or unfair practices. That being stated, if you’re a daily aggressive programmer, the coding questions could be fairly manageable. Try to give as many contests as doable on Codeforces, Codechef, and many others.
After the coding spherical, round 29 individuals had been shortlisted for the interviews and I used to be considered one of them. There have been 3 interview rounds: two technical rounds and one HR spherical.
Technical Spherical 1: The interviewer began by asking me to introduce myself. He then requested me my favourite topic, to which I replied DSA. He requested me to provide real-life functions of merge kind. He additional requested me to match merge kind with different sorting algorithms with respect to their time complexity, greatest, worst, and common instances. As soon as he was happy, he went on to OOPS and requested me quite a lot of questions on OOPS. Inheritance, Polymorphism, Dynamic binding, and virtually every part associated to OOPS was requested. Make certain to complement all of your explanations with adequate actual phrase examples. Lastly, he requested me an especially simple programming query: Take away duplicates from an unsorted array. He requested me to first clarify my strategy after which code it in my editor and run it. As soon as it ran efficiently, he requested me if I’ve any questions for him. I requested him in regards to the applied sciences he has labored with at Wells Fargo, and after this, my first spherical was over.
Technical spherical 2: This spherical once more began with the interviewer asking me to introduce myself. He then went on to ask me 2 questions :
- You might have a considerable amount of information on individuals who need to open a checking account. This information consists of title, deal with, telephone quantity, JPEG/PNG images, pdf doc recordsdata, and possibly even audio recordsdata. What’s the best technique to retailer all of this information?
- You’re on the seventh ground of a constructing and also you need to attain the third ground. On every ground, you have got 4 elevators. What’s an optimum approach of deciding which elevator to decide on with the intention to go from the seventh ground to the third ground in minimal time? We had a pleasant dialogue on this drawback for fairly a while. I advised 3-4 elements that one may think about whereas designing an optimum technique. He was happy with my strategy to the issue and moved on to OOPS. Once more, he requested me quite a lot of OOPS questions. I made certain to clarify each idea with examples.
Then he went on to ask a couple of HR questions. A few of them had been:
- Which know-how do you assume will revolutionize the banking sector within the close to future? I talked about blockchain and AI. As a follow-up query, he requested me to clarify in short the idea behind blockchain and its significance to the banking trade.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- The place do you see your self within the subsequent 5 years?
The final spherical was a phone name with HR. This was only a formality and nothing was requested of me, besides how my interview went.
The outcomes had been declared the identical evening and I used to be lucky to be among the many 6 individuals to get the ultimate internship.
Factors to remember:
- Be sure to have a minimum of 1 mission in your resume that you would be able to discuss confidently. I used to be not requested about my mission however most of my pals had been. Please don’t copy tasks out of your seniors or pals 2 days earlier than the interview and go them as your individual in your resume, because the interviewers will shortly be capable to spot in case you have really labored on a mission or not. Additionally, make certain to by no means embody something in your resume that you simply can’t reply questions on.
- Assume out loud. The interviewer is extra curious about the way in which you strategy an issue than its correctness.
- Follow DSA from GFG, interview bit, and leetcode, and preserve revising the matters you be taught.
- Keep a good CGPA( ideally 8.75+) to clear the shortlisting spherical.
All the most effective!