Barclays India was offering BA3 Roles with a package of 12 LPA at their Pune and Chennai branch.
Eligibility Criteria: CS & IT students from Final year, with ≥ 60% score across class X, XII and Engineering Semesters.
Round 1(MCQ (Technical) + Coding): Easy & Medium (28/07/2022)
MCQ questions covering topics like:
- Java Spring boot
- To check whether an array can be made strictly increasing by modifying only one element output should be in the format of yes or no (20 Marks)
- To find the maximum number of divisors that can be possible store it in a tree format and find the length of the tree. (50 Marks)
I was able to solve both coding questions partially like in the 20 marks section my code passed 6/10 test cases and in the 50 marks section it passed 6/11 test cases, and in the MCQs section, except for Java Spring boot-related questions I was confident about other questions.
86 students gave the above round, and a total of 4 students got shortlisted, 3 (1 Girl, 2 Boys) from the CS branch and 1 boy from the IT branch. I was one of them. My interview was scheduled for 09/08/2022 at around 01.30 pm.
Round 2(Interview): 09/08/2022
- My Interview went on for around 55 minutes. It started with a greetings exchange and with an introduction about myself. Based on my introduction I was asked about my internship and the projects in depth right from the functionalities to the tech stack used. A lot of time was spent on this discussion.
- Later I was asked simple questions on Object Oriented Programming like what is Polymorphism, Encapsulation, and Abstraction. I explained each concept with an example.
- Later I was asked questions based on java programming, software testing, and logic and BTW I was asked simple math formulae like a sum of 1 to n numbers.
- Then I was asked if I had any questions for her, and I asked questions about various tech domains in Barclays, projects she has worked on, etc.
- No Other HR kind Questions were asked during the interview. ( It depends on the interviewee as well whether he/she wants to ask or not.)
Overall it was a great experience as I had never given an Interview almost 1 hour long. It actually depends on the interviewee sometimes it may go this long or sometimes it may get over within 15-20 mins like my JIO Interview.
The results came out the next day, 3 students (1 Girl, 2 Boy) were selected and I was one of them. It was really a pleasure to hear that I have finally been placed at such a good company all thanks to God!!! , and felt like all my grind and all the rejections that I faced over the past few months were finally answered.
- Practice technical aptitude well ( It will also help you during your Interview as few questions are asked based on it) .
- Prepare your Introduction well as it makes your first impression and can make or break your interview.
- Include Internships and projects that you know in & out ( A lot of questions are asked on these).
- Browse the Barclays website and know about their work.